Scratch Pancakes- Super simple big batch recipe.
Sometimes it’s tough to find recipes online for large batches. I’m gonna do some recipes like this as I’m sure some institutional chefs could find them helpful in a pinch. I know, I know, who can’t make a pancake? Well, all gotta start somewhere and I’m starting with this pancake recipe. Now…
• 8 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 TBS, 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 TBS, 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp salt
• 6 TBS granulated sugar
• 8 cups buttermilk
• 8 large eggs lightly beaten
• 4 tsp vanilla extract optional
• Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
• Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract just until combined, a few small lumps are okay.
• Let pancake batter rest for about 10 minutes.
• Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat.
• Spray with non-stick cooking spray OR butter/oil your surface.
• Ladle 1/3 – 1/2 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. When working with a large griddle you can use a pitcher, instead of a ladle, to get the pancakes down quicker.
• Flip the pancakes over when small bubbles appear on the surface and continue cooking on the opposite side until golden brown.